Tuesday, September 2, 2008

After a pretty sweet guilt trip from a fellow training partner for standing them up on Sunday, this morning i got my butt out of bed and did my first run in a few weeks. I found out real REAL soon as to why I hadn't been running. Its a lot of damn work to run. Man did I forget how tough it is...I would much rather bike or swim. But nonetheless I got a short 4 miles in this morning in the nice humid weather, I didn't stop sweating for about 2 hours. I think I might be in that full off season weight/shape mode.
This coming weekend I am heading to Mad-town for my first ever Ironman spectating event. I am going with a great group of people, so its going to be a blast. I am bringing my wetsuit to swim Saturday morning with the Hirschman's and anyone else that is looking to swim the course. I will also have my bike and running stuff for some very very lite exercise. I am not sure what the weather is suppose to be like nor do I care; I am going down to support and cheer for a number of people that I know racing and to hang out and relax. I should hopefully have some great photos from the weekend that I'll post next week.

2 comments:

Cy said...

Mad town this weekend is SO tempting. I may show up!

Have a blast!

Sara said...

Wherre are those pictures you were going to put up?! I am interested too see the younger Mark!

Watch out in Madison, you may just get the fever to do it next year!