Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Smells Like Foot in Here.....

So, its been a little while since I posted anything; sorry for the delay. A lot has changed for me in the past few weeks and my mind has been in other places than the blog. I am working on moving forward and restarting my life, all of this is a good thing for all parties involved.

For the past week or so, I have left some of my training stuff in "Big Red." Now for those that have seen the truck, its not big, very utilitarian, so it should come to no surprise that it might pick up and hold onto odors for a while. Well, foot is not an odor I overly enjoy. Warm apple pie, lilacs, oranges, etc; these are scents that I enjoy. Foot, not one of them!! But do I do anything to change this new aroma/love affair that I have began? The answer my friends is, Nope! So again, this morning, I will jump into the truck and head to the office. I have a pair of old training shoes, this past season's racing shoes, cycling shoes and some clothing. The clothing shouldn't be the problem, but I found out this year that I am one of those stinky sweaters. Not sure when this happened to me, and I offer a heart felt apology to those that have been surround by my stench; I didn't know! I mean, come on, its me; how could I stink, ha! A little rambling, moving on. I seldom wear socks when I run, causing some great foot scents to develop in my shoes. Growing up I never wore socks in my skates either, ruined a brand new pair in about 2-3 weeks from sweaty feet and odor. I think the best way to describe my new car freshener smell, smell a good cheese or even milk that is about 6 months past the expiration date. You know the milk has curdled and the cheese has turned green and grown hair. You always smell it, its like a bad car wreck hard to not stop and look. So you smell these oddities and think that it smells terrible. Often so bad its hard to describe, not anymore my friends, not anymore. You now have the ability to say "Holy...that smells terrible, phew, just like foot."

Rolled pants, letting air flow to not have a pungent foot smell, very very classic



5 comments:

Sara said...

Ahhhh, your posts are always so refreshing! It took me a week to unpack my transition bags from Madison. That did not smell too good either!

Shannon said...

Nice Mark, Nice :). Good to hear you are doing better. Hope to see you at swimming again.
Dennis

The RynO said...

"Sometimes spray or powder just isn't enough."

~ Ghandi

Shannon said...

Hey Stinky feet, you need to update your blog. What has been going on with you? I'm enjoying the "off-season". I will be off one more week before I start up again.

EZnJ said...

Your feet must be good friends with Eriks arm pits... Ripe would be an understatement!