Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Real Soaker...

So, I have come across some free time as of late, feeling out of shape and in need to get back at it after watching IMOO last weekend. So I put the beer and frozen pizza on the back burner for a while and started to do some lite training again. I have yet to get in the pool, but that will come on Monday (so Dennis and Jim, you best be ready) I'll be the guy in Lane 1 that looks like a fish out of water. If I splash too much, I am probably in need of help, so please through me a line, ha! Got home from work last night, an absolutely perfect night and set off on a run. I did run in Madison, but for whatever reason last night I decide to increase the pace and see what I had left for fitness. I was surprised! I was out for a little over an 75 minutes and had a few good pick-ups and some big hill climbs. The hills that I found will work great for repeats once I am in full training again. My legs were a little tight this morning, but I thought it was because I had just gotten up and wasn't moving real quick yet. Nope. So mid-afternoon I put on the classic Marv Stevenson mismatch cycling gear and out the door I went. For those that live in the area, you know that it rained off and on all day. Well, because I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I decided to ride anyway. I did a good loop that lead me out past Fort Snelling, through the park, past the airport, around Hyland Park and back home. The rain came, than went, than came back, like I had some how pissed it off after the first shower by not turning around and going back home. I was caught in Hurricane Ike like weather, but pushed on! I feel I had a good run and ride the past 2 days, now I can just sit around, relax and wait for the excessive training bug to hit again; and out the door I go!

No comments: