Saturday, August 30, 2008

Me and My Machine

After yet another night of poor poor sleep I was up and on my bike by 7 this morning. As I rolled out the door the cool crisp air, clear blue sky and a gorgeous sun rise was waiting for me. Just me, my machine, iPod and thoughts. I decided that to head towards Wayzata, maybe do the TNT loop and most importantly stop for coffee and a French Toast muffin at Caribou. For those that have not ever tried this muffin; its a must. Anyone that has ridden from Mntka to Wayzata on McGinty, knows this road sucks. Its full of cracks, potholes, and wash board areas. Some areas are so poor the shoulder is gone. But nonetheless I was headed in that direction, again. As soon as I got to McGinty I was suddenly reminded that it has been repaved all the way to Hwy 101. Sweet!!! I switched play list to "Gut Check" put my head down and did my only little TT to downtown Wayzata. Legs and lungs burning; heart rate at ~ 315; that might be a little high!!! Rolled into Caribou, got my coffee and muffin, walked across the street and watched the boat traffic on the lake; which was plenty already. What a great way to start such a beautiful day.

This how I felt on the bike today, just happy to be out and having a great ride!!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I can't wait to do that! One week and counting....

juliemac said...

That sounds like a great ride!!
Are you bringing your bike to madison this weekend??
Nice ez ride out on the course on saturday??