Wednesday, June 10, 2009

T-Minus 1 Night

So its been a really really long time again since I have updated this for the 6 people that occasionally check out whats going on in my life. Since my last post, not much has changed. I am still working, which is always a plus in today's economy. Still training. Still commuting to and from IA to see a little cutie that makes me smile.

Common questions that I am asked that I will answer and then continue with this little post.

Whats new?
Not much. Pretty much the same as always.

Hows training and racing going?
So far its going good. I feel I am swimming faster than I ever have before. My bike feels solid and my run, well, its my run. Lets just say I am glad that I am not "just" a runner

How are things with you and Kate?
Good. We are able to spend a ton of time together regardless of the distance and we make the most of our time. Seldom are we just sitting around. We are constantly on the go


Okay, with those answered, lets continue.

I have Liberty half coming up this Saturday. It will be a good start to the season and a great fitness check for me. I have raced a few times already and have felt pretty good. I did a 10k in IA last Saturday and was going to work on race pace stuff. Clearly I am a moron and have Z-E-R-O concept of pacing. I was out of the gates way to HOT. Tried to settle down and get in a groove, no luck. Tried again at the still no luck. But, like I said I felt good. So I just kept my pace for that race. Not really the goal I had set in my coco-noodle when I woke that morning. So, I feel ready for what is looming ahead for me on Saturday. Sunday morning we (Kate and I) will be up at the butt crack of stupid and heading to the Manitou Sprint race as volunteers. Afterwards we have plans on going to Stillwater to watch the last stage of the Nature Valley Grand Prix cycling race. I've seen stages of this race in the past and its an amazing thing to see. The riders are so impressive and the crashes rival those that Bob Roll shows on his crash compilation DVDs.
More importantly than all of the that is what is arriving tomorrow evening. Kate is coming to stay for the next week!!! I am going to work on doing a generic version of Twitter and give daily updates as to what Team WE is doing....so stay tuned, I promise to entertain.
So for those 3 faithful followers, thats what I have been up to as of late. Exciting huh? Makes you happy that you decided to stop by and take a look, ha!!!

3 comments:

EZnJ said...

Hey, it's great to see an update. I think you have us beat. Julie and I are planning on cheering you Liberty folks on and then I'll be snapping pics whilst Julie races Manitou. Go team WE!!

K.Newgard said...

I (heart) Team WE.

Benson said...

Good on ya man.
Good luck.