Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 1

Thus far 1 full day with Kate and the fun we've had. A quick recap:
She arrives last night about 6ish to find me on the bike just finishing up and getting ready to change for a quick transition run. For those that care about me, I felt good and feeling ready for tomorrow.
After the training is done, a quick shower to rinse off and than the "rat race" is on. We head to Start Line for packet pick-up. Off to Gear West for new replacement pedals for Kate's road bike.....long story for this trip. The first 2 stops are north and west of for us. Now comes the true test of driver skill, which for me is speeding without having the po-po catch me....knock on wood I've succeeded so far. Any rate, we are headed to Chaska and Brickyard Bikes to visit our buddy and get some bike "love". We discuss possible new toys and than need food. By this point in the day Kater has been in the car for about 5ish hours and in need of fuel for the body.......who am I kidding, I am starving as well. We stop and get a burrito at Qdoba, only 1 for me tonight, i had 2 from Chipotle last night. I've been told thats about 2000 calories or so, but who's counting, ha!!! We arrive back to Casa de' Norde and call it a day. In goes one of the Seinfeld DVD's and we are both fast asleep.
Today brings another day of fun....the alarms squawks at 5:15 telling us to get to the pool. We show up and are met in the parking lot by our weekend roomie; Matt Wilson. We all change and hop in the warm pool for a short set and off to brekkie at the Original Pancake House. This is a Monster favorite hands down. They have the best bacon I've ever had...the good thick kind. Plus, I've never drank a cup of coffee during breakfast; they are johnny on the spot to refill your cup. I worked at the office today as did Kate, the only difference she works from the comfort of the living room while watching Step Brothers or 40 Year Old Virgin. When I got home from work we got the bikes all set for "the big race" had supper and now we are resting watching game 7 of the Cup.
To be continued.......

5 comments:

The RynO said...

Are the burritos still as big as your head? God I miss good ol' American gluttony!

EZnJ said...

It was great seeing Kate and Benny this weekend! You I can do without;) Great job on Saturday. It looks like you're back in form for another successful season. I think above and beyond are the words I would use to describe your volunteering on Sunday. You're quite the transition badass!!
-E

Steve Stenzel said...

Hope you had a good race! My wife did the half, and I did the Oly.

Cy said...

You're falling behind on your daily updates...

...but forgiven considering you two surely have much better things to do. Enjoy!

outdoorwiththekids said...

Did you ever make it past day 1?