Saturday, January 3, 2009

End of an era

Okay, so its not really the end of an era, but as I sit here setting the coming season's races....I am drinking a Black -n-Tan and eating Cool Ranch Doritos with a little hottie....realizing that come Monday Jan 5th, my ass is going to be handed to me. That day my friends, is the day that the '09 season begins. I finished '08 on a less than stellar note, had a train wreck of a personal life and worked on drinking and eating frozen pizza (clearly my 2 biggest vices).
I am planning a big year for the coming race season, maybe not performance-wise, but I will be attempting my first full iron distance race. If successful, hopefully than I will be looked at as a real triathlete, ha! I will also be under taking a few additional halfs...I will be going back to DCT to see my buddy in Egg Harbor. When he found out I was from MN the first time I stayed at his hotel, we got a discount. He said its a discount he likes to pass onto his fellow statesmen.
As the dates fill up to meet team obligations, its quickly becoming reality that trying to get to Mad-town to train will be a tough task. I am currently looking at another 9-10 race season, maybe 11 or 12 if I am not careful or smart about it.....hell, if Potts and Crowie can do it, why can't I, right? Oh, that's right, they're good!!!
So for those that are also setting schedules and getting back at it again.....best of luck to you this season and I'll see you at the start line...I'll be the nervous talker

4 comments:

outdoorwiththekids said...

Yoda says "One triathlon a triathlete does make"

Benson said...

Good on ya dude.
It's about time you step up.
If an old man like me can finish 2 ironmans, you can do at least one.
Now take off your skirt and get training.

Can you feel the love?

t-odd said...

I will be at DCT as well. Did the half IM distance last year and loved it. I'll just walk around and yell Marv in transition that way you'll know who I am.

B J Weaver Company said...

Okay, it's time....you need to update this thing occasionally. And always remember, "This car doesn't go to Walgreens!"

How did your Disney Marathon Weekend go? I'll be anxious to hear!