Sunday, December 21, 2008

I could us a little wind here....

Bear with me folks, but this is the second post in a row regarding weather.....I really do see myself to be slightly more exciting than this, but I am snowed in, wishing I could fly a kite or at the very least go sailing!
After a rather long week of work, a few marathon days, I headed south for the weekend. I knew of this "Blizzard Warning" that was pending for Saturday.......just Saturday. As I crossed the border, the snow started. It was like someone drew a line and the snow machine AND wind started. It wasn't all bad though.....I only had about 40 miles left. No worries my friends, I made it to my end destination.
So its now Sunday, still trapped by the wind and snow. The wind is blowing a gentle 30-50mph...so its not that bad, right? I tried mightily to "scoop" us out on Saturday morning. I got the tractor stuck not once, but 4 times. Not overly happy about my success rate to clear a path out of said driveway to venture out into this wonderful winter weekend. My biggest accomplishment however, was getting out of the driveway with "Big Red" This in itself was an adventure; and all I want was treats from the store.
So today, starts another day of being "trapped" Its not nearly as bad as it sounds though....I have pretty good company to help me pass the time.
To steal a line from George Castanza with regards to wind...."the sea (wind) was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to return soup at a deli"


A little reminder for those that don't get to see a nice breeze in the Midwest
So, as I sit at the counter contemplating what do for the balance of the day, I keep coming up with the following options:
1) Drink coffee all day
2) Run twice, similar to yesterday (the treadmill is starting to suck though)
3) Switch to beer shortly after 12 noon and watch football
4) Go back to bed and hibernate like a bear
Oh the options I have!!!!

2 comments:

The RynO said...

"One...and-a-half-percent. I knew that! Why can't I remember that?!"

"Try a word association. For instance, most people use 10% of their brain, how much do you use? One and a half percent. The rest is clogged with malted hops and bong resin."

"Cantstandja! Cantstandja!"

Love the pic btw. So definitive I think...

Anonymous said...

Good company is right! I can't believed you survived the weekend actually. Stranded with three kids for the entire weekend...priceless! HA! If that doesn't scare you off, nothing will.

It's time for a new flag! Perhaps a custom Team WE flag?