Friday, November 14, 2008

Half Ass Attempt

So the other night I was all jacked up and ready top have a huge pan of tater tot hot dish.....yep, that's my exciting life, ha! At any rate I got cooking all of the components together. I noticed that both cans of soup that I had purchased were the wrong ones. One of them was that low sodium crap and the other was some sort of healthy cooking something or another. It was a disaster from the start. The next mistake, I made a poor choice, very poor choice with the quality of tater tots. I know, its just chopped up potatoes formed into some little tot looking thingy, they gotta all be the same right....let me tell you, clearly not the case. So now everything is cooked and ready to be mixed together in a cake pan to go into the oven. So off it goes. I start cleaning the house while this disaster permeates the aroma of a great meal that I have grown to love over the years. So I am thinking that the meal is not all lost, once its all cooked it will be as good as always. Well folks, it wasn't. I did manage to choked down about half of the pan for supper and saved the rest for the following days lunch. Surprisingly enough, the reheated leftovers were better the freshly cook mess that I had eaten the night before. I like to cook, it is a great stress release for me, I am not good at it, as this post can attest to; but now worries folks....it has not made me stay out of the kitchen. Here hoping your next meal was better than the half ass attempt that I put together the other night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are normally a great cook...I think you just need somone to help you grocery shop. Perhaps you should focus on the labels versus the nearest aisle of oreos. Perhaps??

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Good. To. Know.

Bob loves to cook too. Last year we had a BoysCook;GirlsEatAndServeDrinksAndLookCute party - it was delicious and a blast. I might even have pics somewhere in the archives of my blog. Did you know Jeff S can make sushi? Yup and we had fish tacos, and Nick M made something Mexican - we had everything.
We need to do it again.
Great seeing you and Kate last night - watch for pics!!

The RynO said...

Ha Ha!

I had a teacher once that said "Even if you can't cook at all, whether it's lack of skill or simply brains, at least you can always make tator tot hotdish."

She, on the other hand, was also missing a few ingredients.

I've burnt water before. How does one even do that?!

EZnJ said...

I love it. tator tot HD- will you cook for E? I think you could have a pretty solid roomie if things don't work out for us. he eats... well anything. from packaging peanuts (he was sober and thought they were edible) to way screwed up multi-ingredient meals. only thing i recall him ditching was the famous sausage smoothie :) See ya sat for a run :) jh