Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Still alive and kickin'


Good morning to the handful of folks that follow(ed) this blog. Its been more than a few months since my last post. Hell, its been so long long that Google changed all of my settings and I need to read the manual to figure out how to log in to it! And I am a poor reader, so you can only image how long it took. Apparently the log in email I was using is of "conflicting interests" now. I am not sure what that means, but I am assuming I am on the "poke, probe and prod" list with TSA now as well. I wished just once those people would let me pass with out having to talk to me. Come on guys....I am a good airline customer. Okay, so on my way to CA a few months back I had a knife in my bag. I am generally trying smuggle the left over water in my water bottle through and the latest was 3 new tubes of SBR Sports, Inc product through.....BUSTED! The life of an air traveler does have its advantages however. I enjoy to people watch when I am waiting for my plane and the odd balls that I see in the terminals are some times to much. Ask Kate, I will send Blackberry messages at Gatling Gun pace to help pass the time. I often find myself staring to long as to how people allow themselves to leave the house dressed in such a manner, or just simply laughing out loud. Now, those that know me, know I am not the flashiest of dressers, but I am not going to wear 2 different shoes, running shoes with khaki pants, a scarf, etc and head to the airport where you are under constant watch from the "eye in the sky"


Since my last post I have been around the country to some places that I have never thought I'd ever make it to; bonus of the job. I find myself thinking of how great a race would be in the areas I've been. Rolling hills, tree lined streets, flat smoothly paved roads, etc and wonder if they have any. Than as I get to the account to catch up with them, I find out that they usually do have a few races in the surrounding areas. This summer I will be putting the bike(s) on the roof of the car and riding, running and swimming whenever I get the chance in some of the these areas.

I do have a few vacations planned and am looking forward to them. Kate and I will be meeting the rest of the family in the Dells in a few weeks for our annual winter get together. This is a 3 day funfest at the indoor water parks, lots of laughs and usually an injury or 2 when my older brother thinks its funny to throw snowballs at me. I have a bit of a temper and it usually doesn't go over well, ha!! Than in April I will be heading to Austin for the MS150 ride with my Batteries Plus buddy and a friend that lives in the Austin area. I've never done a charity ride of this size and I am looking forward to it.

That's about it for now. I am planning on trying to keep this more up to date than I have been; perhaps even photos of where I am or have been. Plus, I have been granted access to my blog again....so that I got that going for me, which is nice!

3 comments:

outdoorwiththekids said...

Been Waiting for an update, impressive beard for you--mine is out of control.

outdoorwiththekids said...

Maybe if you didn't look like the taliban with your beard you wouldn't get probed.

Benson said...

It's about time slacker.
Good to see you back on the blog.
TSA is my new best friend. They let me run thru to catch my only connection in Paris back to the USA.
Nice beard. I shaved mine off 2 weeks ago... too early, it's bloody cold where I am now.
Be well.